Your holiday aboard the Indian Pacific has almost arrived! I hope you’re looking forward to your journey, which spans a spectacular 4352km across Australia in its entirety.
When you step on board the Indian Pacific, you’ll be embarking on one of the world’s most famous and fascinating rail adventures.
Whether travelling west or east, you’ll be experiencing the extremes of the continent – from parched desert plains to rolling pastoral views, from boom-and-bust mining towns to historic vineyards and cities of millions.
My team and I can’t wait to welcome you on board.
I recommend you pack a small case or cabin bag with everything you’ll need for your journey.
• Itinerary and travel documents
• Smart casual attire (You are not obliged to wear formal attire at meals.)
• A jumper or jacket for cooler evenings
• Toiletries (Your cabin is equipped with towels, travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, soap and body wash.)
• Sunscreen, hat and walking shoes for Off Train Excursions
• Any personal items that you will need access to throughout the journey
To help with your packing, click here to see the average temperatures for the destinations you’ll be visiting. As a Red Service guest, you’re invited to check in two additional pieces of luggage (up to 20kg each) which will be stored for the duration of the journey in our Luggage Van.
You may wish to bring cash or credit cards if you plan to purchase food or beverages in the Matilda Café, a ticket for an Off Train Excursion or any souvenirs.
On the day of travel, please arrive at the terminal at least an hour before your departure for check-in. Click here to locate your terminal.
Thank you for booking with Great Southern Rail. If you have any questions before your departure, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 13 21 47.
(note: content on this page is from Great Southern Rail email)