- Very informative and helpful in understanding life in the outback. Enjoyed their presentation and displays. Glad we visited.
- It was good to find out the background to this service and how it has developed.
- Fascinating to find out more about the service and see the real-time map showing what each aircraft is actually doing.
- A lot of facts on how the Service works for Australian communities, presented in very interesting way. Friendly staff and a lot of nice unique and affordable souvenirs made from pure local Broken Hill silver!
- One really interesting feature of the center was the map showing all of the active doctors at any one time.
This facility gives you an insight into the flying doctor service, which operates, across the remote areas of Australia. You are given a presentation on the service and there is a small museum with exhibits from medical service.
This organisation is magnificent, the service that the RFDS provides is vital to the Outback Community in particular and the wider National community also. The Museum follows the life of the RFDS from its earliest days and gives a great insight into the progress made, the modernization of the aircraft and equipment and the Nationwide development of the service provided. A “Must Do” attraction.